[OpenAFS] One of my users has married - what to do?

John Hascall john@iastate.edu
Sun, 29 Apr 2007 21:56:54 CDT

> >   Password history is a moot point for us.  Should we care
> >   about that at some point, we'll worry about it then.

> So ... why DO you implement rename_principal, anyway?  I had looked at
> doing that a bunch of years ago, but I came to the conclusion that
> it was basically equivalent to a delete/add, and since I'm lazy I
> figured "why bother?".

    Originally, to preserve the password.  Of course, the whole
    WebCT nonsense shot a big fat hole in that.  A secondary
    benefit is that it preserves the other meta data (dates
    and such) and that it is less likely to end up half-done.

    Plus, maybe someday somebody will pay WebCT to fix their mess...

John