[OpenAFS] "vos clone" causes "vos remove" bug (listed as fixed in 1.4.5)

Adam Megacz megacz@hcoop.net
Mon, 03 Dec 2007 14:58:41 -0800

Hello,

We're running OpenAFS 1.4.4 client+server.  We've been hitting what I
believe is the "vos clone causes parent volume to be deleted" bug that
is listed as fixed in 1.4.5.

We have a background process that cycles through all of our important
volumes, running a "vos shadow" on each one, continually, 24x7.
Occasionally volumes disappear.  When this shadowing (which I believe
involves a temporary clone, no?) is not happening, no problems arise.

I'd like to investgate upgrading so we can go back to using "vos
shadow".  Could somebody tell me if the fix for this in the client or
the server?  I assume it's safe to run a mixed 1.4.4/1.4.5
environment....

  - a

--
PGP/GPG: 5C9F F366 C9CF 2145 E770  B1B8 EFB1 462D A146 C380