[OpenAFS] Server crash

Steve Devine sdevine@msu.edu
Fri, 07 Dec 2007 18:46:38 -0500

Steven Jenkins wrote:
> On Dec 7, 2007 1:21 PM, Steve Devine <sdevine@msu.edu> wrote:

>> As it turns out if you run vos listvol on the server itself its a little
>> quicker and now it seems we are back up for the most part.
>> I have often wondered however if there is a good way to periodically
>> check the status of the vols without running listvol an all the servers.
>> I think trolling through the backup server logs might do it as they will
>> report offline vols.
>>

> vos listvol has a -fast option.  If you're on a namei server,  you
> could do an ls /vicep* and diff the output of two as a quick check.

Just a datapoint ..  running vos listvol with the fast option gives you
very little info about the vols. It is great if all you are after is
volume ids but if you want to know whats offline vs whats online its of
no use.
/sd
> Steven

Steve Devine
Network Storage and Printing
Academic Computing & Network Services
Michigan State University

506 Computer Center
East Lansing, MI 48824-1042
1-517-432-7327

Baseball is ninety percent mental; the other half is physical.
- Yogi Berra