[OpenAFS] hardlinks, sftp, and returning EXDEV

Mike Garrison mcgarr@umich.edu
Wed, 12 Dec 2007 13:38:53 -0500

On Dec 12, 2007, at 7:36 AM, Harald Barth wrote:

>> This breaks OpenSSH's sftp if you are attempting to move files. A
>> rename of './blah/testfile' to './testing' will result in a failure.
>> Essentially, you can't move files around. You can only rename them
>> in the same directory via sftp.
>
> If you have two "traditional" partitions on your local HD, is sftpd
> able to handle a rename between them? I guess not. I guess this is
> a missing feature in sftpd and not in OpenAFS.

Thanks for everyones replies. I did test what you suggested and it
does fail. Looking back at the OpenSSH code I see signs of them
changing the logic behind this a couple of years ago. I'm surprised no
one else has tripped across this, but I'll approach this as being an
issue with OpenSSH and not anything weird OpenAFS is doing.

--
Mike Garrison