[OpenAFS] Problems giving a daemon process permanent access to AFS

Earl Shannon Earl_Shannon@ncsu.edu
Thu, 01 Feb 2007 15:57:47 -0500

Hello,

I don't know what all your security considerations are, but I'd suggest
you create an IP ACL
in the filespace the daemon needs to access. If the server doesn't have
other users on it
you should be ok.

An IP ACL allows anyone coming from that IP addess to have the
permissions given in
the ACL.  So if this is a multi-user machine with other users this may
not be a good idea.
For machines strictly in a server role this can work fine.

Regards,
Earl Shannon