[OpenAFS] Consolidating Distributed Storage

Kunal Katkoria kkatkoria@gmail.com
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 14:58:10 +0530

------=_Part_22944_20455019.1170408490198

Hi,

I have setup Openmosix 2.4.20 with DFSA enabled kernel in my RH9 test
machines.
My aim is to use the storage of the Openmosix distributed systems.
So oMFS did made my life simpler by giving me access to distributed storage
of different system's by using MFS.

But I need suggestion & expert advice in terms of consolidating storage of
different systems and creating one big volume pool out of it and if i can
partition it and etc. I want to provide this storage to users distributed
over network for different purposes (file sharing, archiving, etc).
Wanted to know how OpenAFS can help me out here and whether its feasible to
use it to satisfy my needs.

I would be really glad if i get help & good guidance for same

Thanks & Regards
Kunal Katkoria