[OpenAFS] not finding network path

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 08:01:11 -0900

Super. Good work.

Thanks
Tedc

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org [mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org]
On Behalf Of Jeffrey Altman
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2007 2:12 AM
To: Christopher D. Clausen
Cc: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] not finding network path

Christopher D. Clausen wrote:
> ted creedon <tcreedon@easystreet.com> wrote:
>> On 1.5.14.running on a 2003 server I'm getting occasional not finding
>> network path errors on the R/W root volume but not on the RO root
>> volume. After several tries it does find the R/W volume eventually.
>> Is there some kind of timeout involved?
>
> Can you be more specific?  I use Windows 2003 almost exclusively and
> haven't seen this.

He is probably experiencing CIFS client timeout which is the problem
that will be solved when the "native file system" implementation is
complete.

http://www.secure-endpoints.com/openafs-windows-roadmap.html#file%20system%2
0redirector

Of course, this work is significant in scope and requires funding.

Jeffrey Altman