[OpenAFS] find /afs/ breaking the client?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Sun, 4 Feb 2007 10:21:23 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007, Jakub Witkowski wrote:

>> Well, we haven't recommended 1.5.14 so I'm curious why you chose it, but,
>> do you have an oops?
>>

> No, no oops. The system just... blocks. You can interact with programs
> already in memory, access open files, but not open new.
>
> I chose .14 mostly because I was having problems building the module for
> Xen kernel and this version simply was first that I got compiled. I may
> fall back to something more stable now, as I know how to get things
> running.
>
> Which OpenAFS version you recommend for installation on a client? On a
> server?

For Linux, we haven't recommended any 1.5.x client. 1.4.2, generally,
though 1.4.3rc2 should be out in a day or so.

If you can get cmdebug information when it's hung, that's be useful to
see.