[OpenAFS] Tokens discarded during large file transfer

W. Mark Smith online+lists.afs-info@coffeefreak.net
Sat, 10 Feb 2007 14:46:00 -0500

Hello,

Most people who get this error have the problem immediately after
they log in. In my case, it consistently happens during large file
transfers. The problem occurs when I am copying a large (>1GB) file
to an AFS directory. At about the 500MB point in the transfer, I
get a "permission denied". I have to unlog then aklog to get my AFS
tokens again. Here is the error code that shows up in my message
log:

Feb 10 11:40:43 [hostname] kernel: afs: Tokens for user of AFS id [id] for cell [cell] are discarded (rxkad error=19270410)

And the corresponding error is:

# translate_et 19270410
19270410 (rxk).10 = sealed data inconsistent

The server is compiled with large file support. When I do the same
thing on my (slower) home network, I do not have this problem, and
I can write files larger than 2GB.

My configuration is RHEL4, kernel 2.6.9-42.0.8.ELsmp, and I have
tried both openafs 1.4.1 and 1.4.2.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mark