[OpenAFS] [patch review] libafs solaris cleanup
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 16:04:07 -0500
To apply, run the following from the base OpenAFS src tree:
patch -p0 < openafs-libafs-solaris-cleanup.patch
It'll cleanly apply to 1.4.3rcX as well as 1.5.x.
This patch touches almost every file under src/afs/SOLARIS and
rectifies most compilation warnings, and a few other things. Any
warnings which remain require fixes that are outside the scope of
this basic dusting off of the code.
This patch changes/fixes the following:
1) All functions are defined in accordance to ANSI spec. No more K&R
2) Convert old typedefs (eg; u_int) to new typedefs (eg: uint_t)
3) Use short typedefs (eg: "struct page *foo" -> "page_t *foo")
4) Dispose of afs_cmp() and afs_getsecattr() and use the Solaris
builtin fs_cmp() and fs_fab_acl() since functionality was equivalent.
5) Remove "register foo..." variable inits... let the compiler do
register optimization for us instead.
6) Fix some variable inits (eg: use offset_t instead of int where
it's obvious offset_t is the correct one to use)
7) Because I'm a pedant and try to subscribe to a particular
cstyle... "return code;" -> "return (code);"
UNIX Systems Specialist
UMBC - Office of Information Technology
ECS 201 - x51705