[OpenAFS] afs_NewVCache: warning none freed

Peter Somogyi psomogyi@gamax.hu
Fri, 16 Feb 2007 13:00:50 +0100

> Feb 14 16:56:41 ro kernel: afs_NewVCache: warning none freed, using 3600
> of 3600
> Feb 14 16:56:41 ro kernel: afs_NewVCache - none freed
>
> These messages show up when a user is running a Verilog compile process,
> and the compiles begin to fail with various messages about access
> failures and other file failures.
>
> If it's a config thing, I'd prefer to fix it that way. If not, I can
> update to the 1.4.3rc candidate.

Try to increase -stat 3600 setting (for me it's in /etc/sysconfig/afs).

However, this happens usually when something keeps (or leaves) too many files
open at the same time. If I were you I would fix this instead. (I don't know
Verilog).

Peter