[OpenAFS] df reports 0 bytes available for /afs

Bastian dea1306@melvex.xs4all.nl
Sun, 18 Feb 2007 22:39:28 +0100

Hello all,

I just upgraded two Debian boxes from 2.6.17 to 2.6.18, and now df
reports /afs has 0 bytes available, which is a problem for some
applications.

I already found some information on the issue, e.g.
http://www.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-info/2006-October/023990.html
It looks like a change in the kernel impacts openafs.

This may not be (solely) an openafs problem, but it breaks the usability
of the afs filespace for some applications.They worked fine under 2.6.17.

Does anyone know more about this problem and how to solve it or work
around it?
(preferably without patching; I would like to keep things maintainable
at the package level).

Thanks for your input.

Bastian

Debian 4.0 (Etch), kernel 2.6.18, OpenAFS 1.4.2-4