[OpenAFS] Openafs Opensuse 10.2 Bosserver Problem

Steve Devine sdevine@msu.edu
Wed, 21 Feb 2007 13:30:02 -0500

Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Feb 2007, Michael Greiner wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> After a long time of struggling I managed to get openafs to compile
>> under
>> Opensuse 10.2. Version is 1.4.2.
>> Now I wanted to configure afs. But when I start
>> /usr/local/sbin/bosserver -noauth &
>> Boslog says:
>> server Directory access is okay
>> Now, when I try to initialize the afs cell, I get the following line
>> in the
>> Boslog repeatedly:
>> can't initialize rx: code=-7
>
> strace the bosserver and see where that's coming from? I've not seen
> that before, and I don't expect it here.
I just built openafs 1.4.2 on Suse 10.2
No problems
You did the following I assume before compiling:
***************************
cd  /usr/src/linux
make cloneconfig
make modules_prepare
************************
 Here's my configure line:
./configure --enable-transarc-paths --with-afs-sysname=i386_linux26
--enable-fast-restart --enable-bitmap-later
/sd

--
Steve Devine
Network Storage and Printing

506 Computer Center
East Lansing, MI 48824-1042
1-517-432-7327

Baseball is ninety percent mental; the other half is physical.
- Yogi Berra