[OpenAFS] Renewing tokens for long-running jobs

Jason Edgecombe openafs@rampaginggeek.com
Thu, 22 Feb 2007 09:48:02 -0500

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have a script that reauthenticates a users process for a
long running job? I'm looking for something that you can run before a
job or during the job that asks for the user's password and
reauthenticates to kerberos 5 and renews the tokens. The users wants to
run jobs for 15 days and I don't want to extend the kerberos ticket
lifetime for that long.

I know this is a common question, but I couldn't find the answer in the
docs or the faq. The mailing list archive has a link to reauth.pl, but
the link is broken.

I also found reauth.pl in the src/tests folder, but I'm not sure that's
what I need.

I'm open to any suggestions.

Sincerely,
Jason