[OpenAFS] 1.4.2 installiation problems on Debian

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Fri, 23 Feb 2007 14:14:06 -0600

Lars Bensmann <lars@almosthappy.de> wrote:
> I've tried to install OpenAFS on Debian Sarge (with backports-Packages
> from etch) on Debian for a couple of days now and don't get it to
> work.
>
> I've followed the installation instructions for Debian in
> README.servers.gz, especially I executed:
>
> krb5_newrealm
> kadmin.local: addprinc lb/admin
> kadmin.local: addprinc lb
> kadmin.local: addprinc -randkey -e des-cbc-crc:v4 afs
> kadmin.local: ktadd -k /tmp/afs.keytab -e des-cbc-crc:v4 afs

I use des-cbc-crc:normal in the above steps.  Not sure if it matters
though.

The recomended afs principal name is afs/cell where "cell" is the name
of the AFS cell you are setting up.

> asetkey add <kvno> /tmp/afs.keytab afs
> afs-newcell

> But omitting -local does not:
> # bos status kain.gbit-gmbh.de
> bos: failed to contact host's bosserver (security object was passed a
> bad ticket).

Sounds like your kvno in KeyFile might not match the afs service
principal in the KDC.  Show output of getprinc afs from kadmin as well
as asetkey list.  The numbers should match.

There are some helpful people on #openafs on Freenode if you prefer to
ask over IRC.

<<CDC