[OpenAFS] Webserver, openAFS, kerberos

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Mon, 26 Feb 2007 09:03:41 -0500

Hi,

A token for the apache process is not required for a read-only setup.
That said, you will need a token or IP ACL for write access.

Tell apache to use public_html in the users home folder and then run the
following commands to give anonymous access to the proper folders.

fs sa ~ system:anyuser l
fs sa ~/public_html system:anyuser rl

Those are the minimal permissions to have apache read a user's
public_html folder. Be sure that all of the ancestor directories of the
home directory have at least "system:anyuser l" access.

As for your server set up, I strongly recommend that your afs server be
a separate machine or VM and that it not be a webserver or an X terminal
server. X is insecure, so you might try freenx instead
http://freenx.berlios.de/

If you can't afford an extra machine to put the afs server on, run Xen
or VMware server and put the AFS server, X terminal server, and web
servr in separate VM's.

Sincerely,
Jason