[OpenAFS] env vars being ignored - 1.4.2 building aklog

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery@ece.cmu.edu
Wed, 3 Jan 2007 20:04:59 -0500

On Jan 3, 2007, at 16:30 , Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> Jim Rees wrote:
>
>> To build aklog you need configure --with-krb5.  This is not
>> currently the
>> default but I'm sure it will be soon.  Note that if you are using
>> heimdal
>> you don't need aklog, use heimdal's afslog instead.  Again, if
>> this isn't
>> documented, it should be.
>
> aklog builds with Heimdal.  asetkey does not.

I would add that, while asetkey is not necessary with Heimdal
(anywhere you can specify a keytab, you can use AFSKEYFILE:...
instead), aklog has some advantages over afslog because it
communicates with the ptserver and produces tokens which look more
correct when your Kerberos principal's pts ID is different from your
Unix uid (as with admin instances, for example).

--
brandon s. allbery    [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]     allbery@kf8nh.com
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery@ece.cmu.edu