[OpenAFS] Problem building openafs on kernel 2.6.18.2-34-default

Ken Aaker kenaaker@silverbacksystems.com
Thu, 04 Jan 2007 14:38:34 -0600

Russ Allbery wrote:
> Gianluca Cerminara <gianluca.cerminara@cern.ch> writes:
>

>> Sorry...I have been offline for a while.
>> Here it is the section of the config.log regarding rlim:
>>

>> configure:11102: checking for rlim in struct task_struct
>> configure:11133: make -C $LINUX_KERNEL_PATH M=`pwd`/conftest.dir modules
>>
>>> /dev/null
>>>
>> /home/cerminar/io/installazione/openafs-1.5.12/conftest.dir/conftest.c:
>> In function 'conftest':
>> /home/cerminar/io/installazione/openafs-1.5.12/conftest.dir/conftest.c:7:
>> error: 'struct task_struct' has no member named 'rlim'
>> make[1]: ***
>> [/home/cerminar/io/installazione/openafs-1.5.12/conftest.dir/conftest.o]
>> Error 1
>> make: ***
>> [_module_/home/cerminar/io/installazione/openafs-1.5.12/conftest.dir]
>> Error 2
>>

> Okay, maybe I'm going to be proven wrong.  That one looks like it really
> just can't find rlim anywhere, and isn't the sort of error message that
> I've seen from this failure in the past.

The way that I saw it work when I was building for OpenSuSE 10.2, is
that installing the kernel-syms RPM installed stubbed out /lib/modules
kernel directory trees for all the "flavors" of kernels that SuSE ships.
But only the installed kernel has a full set of includes and
configuration information.

I think that's why it worked for me by removing the kernel-syms rpm, and
changing the configure for libafs to point to
-with-linux-kernel-headers=/usr/src/linux instead of
/usr/src/linux-obj/%{arch}/%{flavor}. I don't think it's a good way to
do it, but I was in a  hurry. Maybe something that figured out which
flavors had the critical config and include files??

Ken Aaker

Ken Aaker