[OpenAFS] openAFS on Vista

Jason Dorfman jdorfman@csail.mit.edu
Wed, 10 Jan 2007 09:02:31 -0500

Has anyone experienced the following problems using openAFS in Vista?

With proper AFS tokens and Kerb5 tickets via NetIDmgr, I am unable to
traverse afs folders through a Windows explorer.  These are folders
which I have at least lookup ACL permissions, but getting 'access is
denied' when trying to access them.  This does not happen on my parallel
XP machine.  Even better, this does not happen from the Vista command
prompt.  From there, I am able to traverse those same folders fine.
This seems to be a function (or lack thereof) of Vista Explorer.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both openAFS and NetIDmgr to no avail.

Have you seen this?  Do you have any suggestions?

using:
KFW 3.1.0
openAFS 1.5.3.a
not on a domain