[OpenAFS] Active Directory 2003, kerberos 5, openAFS - rxkad error=19270407, arghhhh

John W. Sopko Jr. sopko@cs.unc.edu
Fri, 12 Jan 2007 11:03:05 -0500

red face, red face, red face...my bad, my bad, my bad
Homer says dooooohhhh!

ps -ef|grep fileserver
root      4579  4574  0 10:55 ?       00:00:00 /usr/afs/bin/fileserver -L
-realm CSX.UNC.EDU

Need I say more.

It works! That is when I change to "-realm MSE.UNCCS.TEST"

I used bos "../bin/bos_util adddes kvno" with the Windows salt
win_passwordMSE.UNCCS.TESTAFS.CS.UNC.EDU.

I guess this option does the same thing as the /usr/afs/etc/krb.conf
but overrider's the setting.

Not a wasted exercise, learned a lot and you guys are really a big
help! I will pursue getting the latest ktpass.exe. Also I see

Windows SP2 for 2003 beta is out with the new ktpass.exe so
it will be in the release version:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914962

--
John W. Sopko Jr.               University of North Carolina
email: sopko AT cs.unc.edu      Computer Science Dept., CB 3175