[OpenAFS] Re: Windows AFS client / Kerberos V

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Tue, 30 Jan 2007 07:09:30 -0900

Follow the instructions in Ken Hornstein's "Monster Patch" with the :
des-cbc-crc:normal fix.

Also run strace on your executables to find out who's carping. That's how
the :normal change was discovered.

Tedc

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org [mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org]
On Behalf Of Joe Buehler
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 7:05 AM
To: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: [OpenAFS] Re: Windows AFS client / Kerberos V

ted creedon wrote:

> ank -kvno 2 -randkey -e "des-cbc-crc:normal" afs@HEKIMIAN.COM
>
> This has been discussed before AND NOT ENTERED INTO THE DOCUMENTATION.

I think -randkey causes the salt to be ignored -- I used :afs3 and
a subsequent getprinc says that the principal has no salt.

Converting to Kerberos V has been a bit frustrating -- you can't just
follow a recipe, you have to use Google and learn quite a bit about
K5 and AFS to work through it all.  I'm still learning.

Joe Buehler