[OpenAFS] OpenAFS on vistax64

Ron Croonenberg ronc@depauw.edu
Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:33:01 -0500

hello all,

I am trying to install/setup the OpenAFS client for Vistax64

When I try to configure the client (1.51400) I run into a few problems.

If I try to stop the service, it says I don't have permission to do so.
When I try to configure the client, it doesn't seem to save settings.
Then when I try to log in, it gives me an error -1 (realm not known).

(I tried to use the help, but it seems it's not available ? (I did do a
complete install btw)

So it looks like I have a whole bunch of issues here, any pointers on
where to start ?

general question, on linux machines I can "mount" a users volume
directory as the users homedirectory. Is it possible to mount a users
directory as a specific drive, always the same drive letter regardsless
of who is logging in ?

thanks,

Ron