[OpenAFS] Cell migration

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Sun, 1 Jul 2007 04:52:37 -0500

Gérald Macinenti <gerald.macinenti@letitwave.fr> wrote:
> I have to migrate volumes between a 1.2.11 OpenAFS server to a new
> 1.4.4 server, the two servers serves the same Cell but don't know
> each other, then what would be the best solution to migrate volumes
> from the old to the new one? I've tried to dump from the old and
> restore to the new and it almost work except that trying to change
> acls on the restored volume raises segfault errors from "fs sa"...

How can you have two servers in the same cell if they can't talk to each
other?  In that case, either your cell isn't setup correctly, or you
have two seperate cells that just happen to have the same name.

The correct solution would be to make both servers members of the same
cell by copying the KeyFile from the original one to the new one.  And
then restart the server processes and vos move from one to the other.

Is there a particular reason you don't want the two servers to
communicate?

<<CDC