[OpenAFS] Cell migration

Dirk Heinrichs dirk.heinrichs@online.de
Sun, 1 Jul 2007 13:21:32 +0200

--nextPart4123434.WLGKGhlBSC

Am Sonntag, 1. Juli 2007 schrieb G=E9rald Macinenti:

> would it be another option to have a simple fileserver added to both
> administrative servers (with the same cell name??) and migrate volumes
> with a vos move from old to this fs then move from this fs to new?

Hmm, seems you make things more complicated than needed. I would just do wh=
at=20
Christopher has suggested: Add the new machine to the cell as file server,=
=20
vos move the volumes and then add DB server processes and migrate the=20
databases.

As for kerberos: Add the new machine to the kerberos realm as slave KDC,=20
syncronize the databases and then switch slave and master kdc. Did I forget=
=20
something?

Bye...

	Dirk