[OpenAFS] Re: Problem with OpenAFS 1.4.2 Universal image on Core Duo Mac Mini

Aaron Hsu aaron.hsu@sacrificumdeo.net
Sun, 1 Jul 2007 20:35:57 -0500

On 2006-12-27 14:44:54 -0600, Jon Allen Boone <ipmonger@delamancha.org> said:

>    I recently upgraded my OpenAFS systems from the 1.4.1 release to
> the 1.4.2 release using the image provided at www.openafs.org.  I  have
> since had problems with afsd on the machine that also acts as my
> server.  When attempting to start afsd, I get the following crash
> report.  My machine is running 10.4.8 with all of the security updates.
>
>    afsd is the only program that has problems.

I am also experiencing similar crashes on Mac OS 10.4.10 with OpenAFS
1.4.4. Does anyone know if a fix to this problem has been documented or
discovered?

Basically, when I run the OpenAFS startup script with a "start"
argument, it loads, and then crashes at the part where it tries to load
the kernel driver or some such.
--
Aaron Hsu <aaron.hsu@sacrificumdeo.net>

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he
could do only a little." - Edmund Burke