[OpenAFS] [vos] listvldb

Marcus Watts mdw@spam.ifs.umich.edu
Tue, 10 Jul 2007 15:02:27 -0400

"Derrick Brashear" <shadow@gmail.com> had replied to Alessio Rocchi
> Date:    Tue, 10 Jul 2007 11:48:12 EDT
> To:      openafs-info@openafs.org
> From:    "Derrick Brashear" <shadow@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] [vos] listvldb
>
> So, no actual problem. I thought I remembered working on fixing something
> related to this with Kris Van Hees a while ago.
>
> On 7/10/07, Alessio Rocchi <alexrocchi@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > I've got the version of OpenAFS that is installed on the machine where i
> > ran the tests.
> > It is a 1.2.13.
> > I followed your advices and i moved to a new test-machine (the latest one
> > got 1.4.0 installed).
> > No more "double string" messages.
> > Thank you, i was getting crazy about this problem.
> > Sorry for letting you waste your time.
> > Best regards,
> > Alex

Right, here's the code in 1.2.13 that does this:
~~~~~~~~~~~
        if (isMixed) {
           if (entry->serverFlags[i] & NEW_REPSITE)
              fprintf(STDOUT," -- New release");
           else
               if (!(entry->serverFlags[i] & ITSRWVOL))
                   fprintf(STDOUT," -- Old release");
           fprintf(STDOUT," -- Old release");
It's an edit gone bad - the final " -- Old release" message
always gets tacked on (and doesn't mean anything) if it just emitted
"New" or "Old release".

Out of curiosity, is there any reason not to run 1.4.4 instead?
1.4.0 is not particularly recent...

					-Marcus Watts