[OpenAFS] Which file system is the best for AFS data partitions?

Stephen Joyce stephen@physics.unc.edu
Fri, 13 Jul 2007 17:34:27 -0400 (EDT)

Frank,

I use ext3 with noatime for vice partitions and try to limit servers to
less than 2 TB per server for servers housing research data and .5 TB per
server for servers housing home volumes. This has worked well so far.

Outside AFS, I use xfs for filesystems over 2 TB, but as I said, I
currently try to limit each server to no more than 2 TB. When/if I have
more than a few TBs per server, I'd probably use xfs. ext3 is exponentially
painful as the size increases.

My $0.02.

Cheers, Stephen
--
Stephen Joyce
Systems Administrator                                            P A N I C

  Some people make the world turn and others just watch it spin.
    -- Jimmy Buffet