[OpenAFS] Production ready?

Lundgren, Andrew Andrew.Lundgren@Level3.com
Mon, 16 Jul 2007 16:22:54 -0600

>=20
> I suggest using a version of Linux that has pre-built=20
> binaries available for it unless you have some special requirements.
>=20

Looking at the Redhat distros that are supported, the newer builds are
not present.  (RH5 is out was well as newer RH4, the current kernel is
several version newer than what has packages available.)  4.2 seems to
be the newest RH out there.  As I want the newest security builds, am I
best off just downloading the 1.4.4 source and compiling them or trying
to use the older binary packages on the current distro?

--
Andrew