[OpenAFS] Production ready?

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Tue, 17 Jul 2007 07:49:33 -0400

------=_Part_109896_7320208.1184672973406

On 7/17/07, Harald Barth <haba@kth.se> wrote:

> > Looking at the Redhat distros that are supported, the newer builds are
> > not present.  (RH5 is out was well as newer RH4, the current kernel is
> > several version newer than what has packages available.)
>
> Yes. It takes a serious amount of manpower to keep up with the
> zillions of Linux versions in all the distros.

Though, actually, if we had a script way to notice new RPMs available,  the
VM-hosting system which is used to build the zillion RPMs could in fact
install the RPMs and build more, automatically, so a human would only need
to do the release. It's just a matter of finding someone to write the
script.