[OpenAFS] Removing a backup volume

Stephan.Wiesand@desy.de Stephan.Wiesand@desy.de
Fri, 20 Jul 2007 18:17:43 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007, Frank Burkhardt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I did some benchmarks to find out, which filesystem is best:
>
> http://fbo.no-ip.org/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Instantafs/WhichFs

thanks for sharing this. Are you reading linux-ide-arrays? There was a
thread this week where someone pointed out that it's important to set the
sunit and swidth parameters according to your RAID setup when creating XFS
filesystems. Was your filesystem tuned this way?

> Now my boss want's me to use ext3, I would prefer reiser3 - difficult
> decision :-) .

Unless your hardware never fails, or reiserfsck has become much, much
better than the last time I (would have) needed it, your boss is right ;-)

Regards,
 	Stephan