[OpenAFS] Current comparison of NFSv4 with AFS.

Jesse W. Asher jasher1@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 23 Jul 2007 08:21:40 -0400

Anyone have any real world experience they are willing to share on how
AFS compares with current implementations of NFSv4?

I'm doing some research on deploying AFS vs. NFSv4 and trying to
understand which might be better at this point in time.  Specifically,
I'm in interested in the following areas:

1)  WAN performance
2)  Global namespace (transparency of file/directory location)
3)  Caching
4)  Security
    a)  Encryption
    b)  ACLs

I found some discussions in the archives, but the ones I found were old
(2003) and I wanted a current perspective.

Thanks in advance!