[OpenAFS] OpenAFS-client Windows

Sat, 28 Jul 2007 09:32:22 -0400

kane96@gmx.de wrote:
>> I don't know what "gui tool" you might be referring to.
>
> you can right-click on an AFS-directory and then choose "edit ACLs" (or something like that in english) and can edit the ACLs by help of a gui. That tool i meant.

Unix permissions are not AFS ACLs.  The existing AFS Shell Extensions
does not display or permit users to view or modify the Unix permission bits.

The proposed replacement Shell Extension for which mock-ups are
available at
http://www.secure-endpoints.com/openafs-windows-roadmap.html will
provide that functionality as part of the file/directory property pages.
At the present time funding has not been obtained to implement the
proposals.

Jeffrey Altman
Secure Endpoints Inc.