[OpenAFS] AFS token, SSH, KRB[5]

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Thu, 07 Jun 2007 14:53:39 -0700

Christof Hanke <hanke@rzg.mpg.de> writes:
> Russ Allbery wrote:

>> Out of curiosity, what did you find was missing from existing PAM
>> modules that led you to write your own?

> Out of curiosity, you're american I assume, so why does the concept of
> competition rises interest ?

I'm not quite sure what you mean.  I'm curious about all PAM
implementations in this space because different implementations bring
different ideas and different use cases, and I'd like to be aware of how
other people are using PAM when writing PAM modules.  I also occasionally
give talks about AFS and PAM and like to mention all the available options
so that people can pick what works best for their situation, so I like to
know what the strengths and weaknesses of the available options are.