[OpenAFS] Re: Switching from MIT to win 2003 krb5 server

Adam Megacz megacz@cs.berkeley.edu
Thu, 07 Jun 2007 20:26:59 -0700

FWIW, this is easy (easier?) if you set up an "empty" realm with no
users and an MIT KDC just for the AFS cell, and establish cross-realm
trust between the two KDCs.

I'm doing this at the moment against two AD realms on campus (one
Win2k0, one Win2k3) and it works quite well.  It also minimizes the
number of things I have to ask the AD admins to do for me, which is
wonderful because we seem to speak completely different languages
(Microsoft has invented their own names for all the important Kerberos
concepts).

  - a