[OpenAFS] cgi and afs?

Todd M. Lewis Todd_Lewis@unc.edu
Fri, 08 Jun 2007 09:33:08 -0400

Zach wrote:
> I was talking to our sys admin. about allowing us users to run cgi
> programs from our afs accounts (served from $HOME/www which has
> "system:anyuser rl") and asked if the web server could do this and was
> told first that the CMU AFS team was working on a way to make CGI
> principles for andrew (AFS realm) users so we can support them on
> contrib (AFS realm) and then later told they ran into a problem with
> permissions but had to work on the code a bit more. This was 8 months
> ago and still waiting for this to be finished. [...]

You might want to look at
https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-info/2002-May/004471.html to
see how we run our GCI scripts out of AFS. It lacks some of the elegance
of http://www.umbc.edu/oit/iss/syscore/wiki/Mod_waklog, but it has served
us very well. Whereas Mod_waklog uses a real Apache module, we use a
ScriptAlias to an external program to fix up the runtime environment for
user's scripts.

Cheers,
    / Todd_Lewis@unc.edu  919-445-9302  http://www.unc.edu/~utoddl /
   /          "There but for the grace of God, goes God."         /
  /            - Winston Churchill, on Stafford Cripps           /