[OpenAFS] AFS token, SSH, KRB[5]

Rainer Laatsch Laatsch@rrz.uni-koeln.de
Tue, 19 Jun 2007 15:11:53 +0200 (CEST)

I just sent an answer to Russ's question to the list. With the debugging
of my code I try to analyze if and where an AFS token may get lost and
possibly remedy that. As long as pam_afs works, there is no benefit here.
When using gssklog, switching to KRB5 is much easier (there is no change
to the master AFS KeyFile required). There are other pitfalls if the KRB5
ticket file is left with owner 'root' unaccessible to the user. That is
fixed here.
 To effectively use the code, you must be an admin and possibly have KRB5
ready. The security question: there are pro's and con's ; finally one has
to decide oneself.
Best regards
Rainer Laatsch
E-mail: Laatsch@Uni-Koeln.DE		Universitaet zu Koeln
					Reg. Rechenzentrum (ZAIK/RRZK)
Fax   : (0221) 478-5590			Robert-Koch-Str. 10
Tel   : (0221) 478-5582			D-50931 Koeln