[OpenAFS] New Server, Journaling FS, and Windows Client...

David Sonenberg dsonenberg@strozllc.com
Fri, 22 Jun 2007 12:44:46 -0400

The new server is running the database process and will be the lowest
numbered server after the old one is taken offline.  Does that change
anything?=20

--
David Sonenberg, CISSP, GCIH, CCNA
Director, Information Technology
Stroz Friedberg, LLC
http://www.strozllc.com
15 Maiden Lane
12th Floor
New York, NY 10038
Tel 212.981.6527
Fax 212.981.6545
-----Original Message-----
From: Derrick J Brashear [mailto:shadow@dementia.org]=20
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2007 11:26 AM
To: David Sonenberg
Cc: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] New Server, Journaling FS, and Windows Client...

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007, David Sonenberg wrote:

> Now that I've got my new database/fileserver up and running, I have a=20=

> few questions...
>
> First off does /vicepa need to be on a non-journaling filesystem?  The

> documentation said to use ext2, but if it's not a requirement, I'd=20
> like to covert it to ext3 with journaling.

ext3 is fine
> anything other than update the CellServDB file on their Windows=20
> machines?

you don't even need to do that unless you're adding a dbserver

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No right
to confidential or privileged treatment of this message is waived or
lost by any error in transmission.  If you have received this message
in error, please immediately notify the sender by e-mail or by
telephone, delete the message and all copies from your system and
destroy any hard copies.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
disclose, distribute, print or copy any part of this message if you
are not the intended recipient.