[OpenAFS] Preserving server info

Jon Allen Boone ipmonger@delamancha.org
Fri, 22 Jun 2007 13:15:43 -0400

Folks,

   I have an OpenAFS setup running here at home.

   My /vicexx partitions are on external firewire drives so that they
can easily be moved to a new machine in the event that my server
dies.  My concern is that there are some files and/or databases that
need to be duplicated in order to protect against losing the server's
internal drive.  Which files should I be backing up to ensure that I
can bring up my OpenAFS setup on a new machine (or the same machine
with a new hard drive)?  Or should I just go through the process of
setting up the cell from scratch?

--jon