[OpenAFS] vos listvol and vos exam

Steve Devine sdevine@msu.edu
Thu, 28 Jun 2007 08:49:57 -0400

We have switched some of our servers over to binaries compiled with fast
restart.
This morning we had to bring a server down for maint and when we brought
it back up several of the vols where in need of salvage.
I ran vos listvol thinking I would get a list of vols that were offline.
Instead it showed all vols as On-line yet I had to salvage over a dozen
that I have found so far.
I get waiting for busy volume errors.
Any advice how I can locate vols on a fileserver that need  salvaging
short of just biting the bullet and salvaging the whole partition.?
/sd

--
Steve Devine
Network Storage and Printing

506 Computer Center
East Lansing, MI 48824-1042
1-517-432-7327

Baseball is ninety percent mental; the other half is physical.
- Yogi Berra