[OpenAFS] vos listvol and vos exam

Hartmut Reuter reuter@rzg.mpg.de
Thu, 28 Jun 2007 15:05:39 +0200

Steve Devine wrote:
> We have switched some of our servers over to binaries compiled with fast
> restart.
> This morning we had to bring a server down for maint and when we brought
> it back up several of the vols where in need of salvage.
> I ran vos listvol thinking I would get a list of vols that were offline.
> Instead it showed all vols as On-line yet I had to salvage over a dozen
> that I have found so far.
> I get waiting for busy volume errors.
> Any advice how I can locate vols on a fileserver that need  salvaging
> short of just biting the bullet and salvaging the whole partition.?
> /sd

There should be messages in the FileLog such as

VAttachVolume: Error attaching volume VVVVVVVV; volume needs salvage;
error=XXX

Hartmut Reuter                           e-mail reuter@rzg.mpg.de
					   phone +49-89-3299-1328
RZG (Rechenzentrum Garching)               fax   +49-89-3299-1301
Computing Center of the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (MPG) and the
Institut fuer Plasmaphysik (IPP)