[OpenAFS] vos listvol and vos exam

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Thu, 28 Jun 2007 10:11:19 -0400

------=_Part_58760_16026240.1183039879179

> Well from what I can see I am not sure I can count on the FileLog. Is
> there anyway to make the fileserver keep more than  FileLog and
> FileLog.old ?

that's not enough either, since a volume can be attached and then go offline
when a flaw is discovered.

you'd really need to have something watch FileLog in real time and salvage
as things went offline.

as it happens we added "write log to a named pipe" support, so you could
even do that.

--enable-demand-attach-fs is currently in 1.5 and when it's stabilized will
provide a much better way to do this.