[OpenAFS] Re: Upgrade/platform swap (Solaris 8 1.2.11 -> Linux 1.4.2)

Rob Carter rob@oit.duke.edu
Sun, 4 Mar 2007 14:24:34 -0500

One minor correction to my previous posting:

> We currently operate an AFS cell that comprises nine Linux-based
> fileservers (all running OpenAFS 1.4.2) and three Solaris 8
> database servers (all running OpenAFS 1.2.11).  We're hoping to
> complete the upgrade of the cell to OpenAFS 1.4.2 this week by
> replacing the existing database servers with new Linux machines.

It may not matter especially to the outcome, but for the record, one
of my colleagues has pointed out that we're actually running 1.4.0 on
our Linux systems, rather than 1.4.2...  Apologies for the confusion...

Again, thanks for any suggestions...

--
Rob Carter
Duke University OIT-CSI-Systems