[OpenAFS] OpenAFS Client Availability

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 17:41:32 -0600

Edward P Rosenbloom <edrosen@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Answers as best I can:
>
> Can you be more specific?
>  Probelms accessing date via symlinks, using /dev/fs/P/...... seemed
> to improve.
>  Linkage editior failing with unresolved symbols, yet retrying the
> process from a lower level directory completes successfully.

Hmm... odd.  I haven't seen that, but then I don't often compile
directory out of AFS under interix.

> Are you using the latest 1.5.X series client?
> no - I am at 1.4.0101

Definately get the latest 1.5.X client.

> On what hardware are you experiencing problems?
> Dont know model number - - Intel 3.6GHz, 3.3GB RAM, 36GB Hard Drive

If you have that much RAM, increase the AFS cache size.

> I will try turning off encryption
>
> FWIW, my afs mount does not show up under /net......

Just cd there.  /net is how to access UNC paths via CIFS through SFU.
cd /net/AFS should work for you, or you aren't using the AFS loopback
adapter and you probably should be.

<<CDC