[OpenAFS] kernel: afs_NewVCache: warning none freed, using 4000 of 4000

Ken Aaker kenaaker@silverbacksystems.com
Tue, 06 Mar 2007 10:34:58 -0600

Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Mar 2007, Ken Aaker wrote:
>
>> Ok, I've saved the outputs from cmdebug -long for each of my servers.
>
> It's the client with whichever which gets the NewVCache error we want
> the cmdebug info from, and it better have about 4000 lines with a
> refcnt greater than 0 (so posting it is probably bad)
The cmdebug command  was run on the client that's having trouble.
cmdebug -long complained if I didn't supply a server name.
I can digest the files a little.... Once I get these messages, it seems
like any references to files not in the cache generate odd failures in
applications, and the problem is cured by a reboot...

grep "refcnt     [01]" *cmdebug_long.txt | wc -l
3370
grep "refcnt     0" *cmdebug_long.txt | wc -l
3075
grep "refcnt     1" *cmdebug_long.txt | wc -l
295