[OpenAFS] jafs et al

Marcus Watts mdw@umich.edu
Mon, 12 Mar 2007 01:46:52 -0500

In looking at libadmin & jafs, I'm wondering just how much attention
this code has received.  libadmin appears to have possible kaserver
dependencies, but at least it builds.  Libjafs appears to have not
received much recent attention at all.  I expect to end up with a
variety of improvements to at least the documentation, and probably the
build procedure for the java part especially.  I already have some
changes based on getting this to build for amd64_linux + jdk 1.5.  I'm
also considering teaching these pieces more about rxk5.  But before I
dig much further into this, I have some questions:

how many people use libadmin?
	what do you use it for?
	with kaserver?
	 with kerberos 5?
	    with kadm5??
	do you have any sample code or applications
		that use this in interesting ways?

how many people use jafs, jafsadm?
		(=lib/libjafsadm.so, jafs.jar, org.openafs.*, etc.)
	what do you use it for?
	what version of java do you use?
	what version of openafs?
	which hardware architecture(s)?
	do you use kaserver, kerberos 5, ?
	if you use kerberos 5 with java elsewhere,
	 which java k5 library?
	do you have any sample code or applications
		that use this in interesting ways?

If you tried libadmin or jafs, but gave up -- why?

Do you use these related libraries: libuafs or libjuafs or nsafs.so
(webafs) in any other interesting way?

If there anything else in this general area of stuff that
you expect or wish to have, or that I ought to know?
[ Mind you, I'm not going to promise anything, yet. ]

					-Marcus Watts