[OpenAFS] NetRestrict

Steve Devine sdevine@msu.edu
Wed, 14 Mar 2007 09:45:30 -0400

Environment:
Volserver is OpenAFS 1.4.2 built  2007-02-19
OS is Suse 10.2
Server has an Iscsi enclosure on a private ip address (192.168.0.9)
I put NetRestrict file in place in /usr/afs/local/
inside file I put one line "192.168.0.255" Hoping to cover entire subnet.
restart bosserver  move a volume over and when I run
vos listaddr it lists
192.168.0.9

If I repeat the same expireiment  moving the volume off the server and
deleting the address from the VLDB then only explicitly declaring
192.168.0.9, moving volume back on server, restarting bosserver it fails
as well.
So does the NetInfo file have to exist as well to fix this.
/sd

--
Steve Devine
Storage Systems

506 Computer Center
East Lansing, MI 48824-1042
1-517-432-7327

Baseball is ninety percent mental; the other half is physical.
- Yogi Berra