[OpenAFS] Windows XP SP2, OpenAFS 1.4.3rc3, KfW 2.6.5

James Rogers jrogers@nd.edu
Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:29:36 -0400

I'm having a problem getting OpenAFS 1.4.3 and KfW 2.6.5 working
properly. I'm working on Windows XP SP2 joined to a Windows 2003
Active Directory domain. I installed and configured both clients
(OpenAFS and KfW). When I login to the domain with my user account I
get AFS tokens and Kerberos V tickets (per the leash32 gui), but I
receive an "Access is Denied" message when attempting to navigate to
any AFS directory such as: \\afs\nd.edu\. I'm not sure if this is of
any relevance, but our Active Directory domain and our MIT Kerberos V
realm are named the same ("ND.EDU").

I disabled the use of Kerberos IV because I need to get pure Kerb5
authentication working so we can plan to phase out its use here at
Notre Dame.

Any ideas what could be causing this problem?

--James
Univ. of Notre Dame
Systems Engineer