[OpenAFS] Help in Setting up Openafs

Dirk Heinrichs dirk.heinrichs@online.de
Thu, 22 Mar 2007 14:26:08 +0100

--nextPart12241520.NjENRvc5Xl

Am Donnerstag, 22. M=E4rz 2007 schrieb Melvin Wong:

> a.	Is it possible to join a Windows afs server to a linux afs cell?

AFAIK, there is no such thing as a Windows AFS server. Or has this changed=
=20
recently?

> b.	How do I mount the afs user directory to the home directory such that
> the users are in their afs user directory once they login (is it
> possible?)?

Once you have setup your AFS cell, you can create new user directories=20
under /afs (i.e. /afs/your.cell.com/users/johndoe), with one AFS volume for=
=20
each user, move the contents of the former home dirs and change the entries=
=20
in /etc/passwd. To access those directories at login time you either need A=
=46S=20
enabled login program or the appropriate PAM modules for getting Kerberos=20
tickets and AFS tokens.

> c.	How do I share out files in afs through samba?=20

I don't know, I don't use Windows. However, you can install the AFS client =
for=20
Windows to access the AFS file space.

> d.	If I have use afs authentication without setting up any other Kerberos
> on my linux afs server, how do I get the tokens on a windows afs client (=
do
> I need MIT Kerberos and what's the settings?)?

AFAIK, Windows has Kerberos capabilities built in. You should set up a=20
dedicated kerberos server (MIT, Heimdal or Windows AD). OTOH, using AFS'=20
kaserver is not recommended (because of its Kerberos 4 roots).

HTH...

	Dirk