[OpenAFS] Backup methods

Andrew Bacchi bacchi@rpi.edu
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 09:08:12 -0400

I failed to mention that AFS has a 'backupsys' command also.  This
creates a clone of each volume in your cell.  We mount this backup
volume under a user's home dir as the 'yesterday' directory.  The user
can then retrieve files from the previous backup period, without
assistance from IT.

The AFS Admin Guide and AFS Reference docs explain both commands in detail.

Good luck.