[OpenAFS] inspect pid-to-pag mapping? pag-to-tokens-mapping?

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Fri, 30 Mar 2007 00:13:15 -0400

On Saturday, March 24, 2007 12:41:46 PM -0700 Russ Allbery
<rra@stanford.edu> wrote:

> Adam Megacz <megacz@cs.berkeley.edu> writes:
>
>> Is it possible to find out what PAG a given PID belongs to (on linux,
>> with local root)?
>
> grep Groups /proc/<pid>/status
>
> if the PAG group still exists.

They do.  In very recent versions of OpenAFS, the PAG will be represented
by a single group whose ID is 0x41000000 plus some 24-bit number.  In older
verisons, it's a pair of groups with funny encoding; for details, see
src/afs/afs_osi_pag.c:afs_get_pag_from_groups().

>> Given a PAG, is it possible for a (root) process to find out what
>> tokens that PAG holds without being part of the PAG?
>
> There isn't in the traditional interface so far as I know.  Keyrings may
> offer a way.

Nope.  We use keyrings to hold PAG membership information, not tokens.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer